*** Last few places left! ***
Learn effective communication skills, and “dissolve” relationship problems at Hedy and Yumi Schleifer’s all inclusive residential couples retreat, called the Adventure In Intimacy.
The Relational Space is the first of three invisible connectors you will learn at the workshop. Watch this short video about the Relational Space:
At the Adventure in Intimacy you will discover and learn:
- to view conflict as a friend since it is a potential launching pad for growth
- that daily annoying frustrations can become powerful vehicles for productive change
- how learning more about your partner’s history strengthens your relationship and transforms the two of you into a team
- to reclaim your ability to have authentic conversations that can move you from automatic unconscious re-activity to intentional, conscious action
- how your transformed connection will reignite your ability to have fun, romance, intimacy, and passion, and reawaken your sensuality (you will start holding hands and caressing each other again) and regain your ability to “make love” and not just “have sex”.
- that a conscious relationship will allow you to reclaim your empathy (your ability to “step into your partner’s shoes”).
- that creating a conscious relationship, can affect all your connections including family, co-workers, and especially your children.
Whether you are married, engaged, beginning a new relationship, or in a committed partnership (gay or straight), you will learn how to become each other’s best friend, and how to create a relationship that is safe, passionate, and long lasting.
The Adventure in Intimacy will teach you seven basic principles and seven essential rituals. Watch this video on “Dissolving Frustrations” which is one of the seven principles & rituals learned in the workshop:
During this fast paced, three-day marriage seminar, you will receive expert relationship advice and guidance for a healthy relationship. Couples on the edge will be empowered to take their relationship to a higher level, to step on the breaks and stop divorce, to turn a page, to start anew, and to create a dream marriage. Join Hedy and Yumi and spice up your relationship with joy, fun and renewed passion.
Whatever stage your relationship is in, the Adventure In Intimacy workshop will:
- Help you and your partner re-establish real communication
- Transform your frustrations into vehicles for change
- Increase the zest and passion in your relationship
- Inspire you to experience the Miracle of Connection™.
This workshop is designed to create a safe and comfortable environment for all participants. You will work alone or with your partner and will not be required to share anything with the rest of the group. Confidentiality is respected and preserved throughout the workshop.
The workshop is based on the relational philosophy of Martin Buber, the positive change approaches of Appreciative Inquiry and Re-evaluation Counseling, the latest research about Relational Neuro-Biology, and adaptations of processes from Imago Relationship Therapy. Other significant influences in the development of the Adventure in Intimacy workshop are Hedy and Yumi’s marriage and Judaic background. Their marriage continues serving as the laboratory for the ongoing evolution of skills for the development of Relational Intelligence and Relational Maturity of couples.
Give yourself the treat of tasting the sweetness of reconnecting with your partner, in a way that you dreamed about and wished for, but did not think possible.
Who Should Attend:
All couples, at all stages of their relationships, including:
- Couples undecided about staying together
- Couples moving toward divorce or who are already separated and want to know if it is worth putting any energy into saving the relationship
- Couples in the early stages of a relationship and are looking at the possibility of marriage or a deeper commitment in their relationship
- Couples preparing for marriage, or for persons who have been married before and wish to learn how to avoid repeating past mistakes
- Couples who feel “stuck” or stagnant in their relationship and want to renew the intimacy with their partner
- Couples who want to make a “good” relationship even richer and more fulfilling
- Couples who wish to create a better climate for the development of their children
- Therapists and their partners who want to experience the power of Encounter-centered Couples Therapy. This workshop is approved for 25.5 CPD hours
When and Where
Date: 26-28 June 2015
Venue: Latimer Place, Latimer, Chesham HP5 1UG
£465 per person all inclusive full board: £365 course fee + £100 full board accommodation (a total of £930 per couple).
A £300 deposit per couple is required to secure your booking. The balance may be paid at registration OR in three instalments of £210 each due on 5th March, 5th April and 5th May.
Your fee covers: 3 days tuition for two; two Adventure in Intimacy manuals; unlimited tea, coffee and refreshments throughout your stay AND the following:
Friday 26th June – light lunch, dinner and standard double room per couple.
Saturday 27th June – breakfast, light lunch, dinner and standard double room per couple.
Sunday 28th June – breakfast and light lunch.
Please note the £300 registration fee is non-refundable. Remaining fees will be refunded for cancellations before 1st May (8 weeks prior to the workshop start day). There will be no refund for cancellations after this.
We have negotiated a reduced rate with the hotel of £90 B&B per night per couple for those wanting to extend their stay. Please email the hotel’s reservations team – email@example.com ensuring you quote ‘Encounter Learning’ and the date as a reference.
We are unfortunately unable to offer any scholarships for this event.
*Please note that the presenters may be filmed during the training.