A practical, focused and transformative experiental course for helping professionals who want to work or are working with individuals and couples in the Relational Paradigm.
Read testimonials by our recent graduates in the green box on the right!
You will enjoy a valuable opportunity to be stimulated, enriched and empowered to explore your work with new eyes, confidence and creativity!
A 6 month training course of 12 days in total, divided up into 4 modules of 3 days each. There will also be 4 hours of CPD group Skype between sessions to support you in your integration.
The second module (30 June-2 July), will be incorporated into Hedy Schleifer’s 3 day training in London at no additional cost, allowing the group to meet and learn from the valuable expertise and wisdom of this master therapist followed by allocated time for the group to connect and integrate their learnings with us.
SAVE THE DATE! Starting 13-15 May 2015! See our Training Application Form
Who is this course for?
This course is for postgraduates in the helping profession such as Individual, Couples or Family Therapists, Counsellors, Relationship Coaches, Organisational Development Professionals and Pastoral Counsellors.
If you have any questions regarding this criteria please contact us.
Up to 16 applicants will be accepted on the course.
What are the application criteria?
You need to be a therapy, counselling or coaching professional or have other relevant qualification (e.g.; social worker) to apply – see our Application Form.
You will also need to have done either our Couples Workshop (Bridge to Intimacy) or the Adventure in Intimicy workshop by Hedy and Yumi Schleifer (in the UK on June 2015).
If you are interested in registering on the course and have done an Imago workshop – please contact us.
You will be in regular supervision and have professional liability insurance. You would also be a member of a professional body and adhere to its Code of Ethics and Practice.
What is the course format?
The course will include theoretical teaching, DVD clips, live demonstrations, open discussions and practice sessions.
The training will cover:
- Mapping the premises of the Relational Paradigm
- Exploring couples therapy centered on the “encounter”
- The role of the couples therapist, and his/her use of self in the therapeutic process
- The process of encouraging couples to discover, welcome, and embrace full aliveness in connection
- Locating the process of change in the “space-between”
- Tracking the inter-generational transmission of intimate connections
- Exploring the process of accountability and repair in couples
- Establishing limbic resonance and regulation between partners
- Helping couples learn the language of the “other,” in order to know how to express emotional intimacy verbally, physically and sexually.
Who is teaching the course?
Noa Rockman & Sue Wintgens have been passionately involved in the development and training of this transformative relational model (Encountered centred Couples Therapy) since 2005 through workshops and trainings. They are well recognised for bringing this work to the UK and continue to pioneer its development working collaboratively with Hedy Schleifer, the original developer of Encounter-Centred Couples Therapy. You can read more about them here.
What are the course dates and times?
The course will run over a 6 month period in 4 modules of 3 days each. In between sessions and after the last module a one hour group Skype call will be held.
The course dates are:
13-14-15 May 2015
30 June- 1-2 July 2015 (different venue)
16-17-18 September 2015
25-26-27 November 2015
Total of 12 days and 100 CPD hours.
Days run from 9:30 to 17.30 each day. Skype times to be announced.
Where will this course run?
Avenue House, 17 East End Road, Finchley, London N3 3QE (first, third and fourth modules)
Columbia Hotel, 95-99 Lancaster Gate, London W2 3NS (second module with Hedy Schleifer)
A Certificate in Transformative Couples Therapy reflecting 100 CPD hours will be given upon attending all 12 training days and 4 Skype group sessions (90% attendance required to receive certificate).
We have decided to waive external accreditation for our certificate as it would considerably increase the cost of the course and would involve different student assignments.
At this level of training the focus is on experienced professionals looking to rapidly and conveniently broaden their conceptual understanding of the exciting work with couples and dyads as well as increasing their skill base.
The full course fee is £1,900.
A £200 non-refundable deposit is required on acceptance to the course.
The remaining amounts can be paid as follows:
- In full upon successful application
- 4 payments of £430 (including £20 handling fee) dated: 01/05/15 ; 01/06/15 ; 01/09/15 ; 01/11/15
Personalised instalment plans would be considered.
A limited number of scholarships are available. Click to download our Scholarship Application Form
Your tuition includes:
- Four-three-day group sessions spread over six months. A total of 96 contact hours. 24 CPDs for each 3-day session
- Four one-hour Skype group support sessions with Sue & Noa
- Course manuals
- Refreshment breaks (mid-mornings and afternoons).
- Special placement of participant contact information on the ELC website; and referrals of couples looking for a therapist where appropriate.
- 10% discount on video and audio programs and other relational products by Hedy Schleifer.
Cancellation Policy: The initial registration deposit is non-refundable. There are no refunds of the remaining course fees for cancellation. However, if there is someone on our waiting list able to take your place before the start of the program, we will refund your tuition, minus the £200 deposit.
You will be financially responsible for the entire tuition regardless of your attendance, except if your absence is caused by a medical emergency.
* Advertised fees are subject to change
How to apply
Please download and fill in the Training Application Form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to 18a Heriot Road, London NW4 2DG.
You will be asked to attach a copies of your professional training certificate, professional indemnity insurance and to sign a declaration.
Upon acceptance of your application a £200 deposit will be required to secure your place.
Applications close 1 April 2015